If you’re feeling stuck or at a career turning point, and want guidance as you plan the next steps, I can help you with any of the following:
- Career + Leadership development
- Approaching the job market
- Taking the plunge into self-employment
- Preparing for an internal promotion
- Getting ready for an important interview
- Moving on after redundancy*
- Planning a career change
- Re-invigorating your career!
My approach is both thought-provoking and solutions-oriented, and tailored to your unique situation and needs. As some clients just want a pit-stop to take stock and move on, and others prefer a longer term program, I offer different coaching packages.
But please note – if you just need a resume so you can rush out into the job market, I’m not the right career coach for you. Although I can help clients with the nitty-gritty details, I only work with people who value self-awareness, reflection and feedback, and are ready to invest time and energy in their careers. Whichever way you decide to go, your homework includes a brief questionnaire, which helps me to learn a little about you before our first session.
*If your role has just been made redundant, please check out my online course ‘Redundancy SOS: Kick-start Your Job Search in 5 Days’ here.
In addition to the career coaching that I offer individuals on a private basis, I provide consulting, training and coaching services to organisations, including corporate, public sector and not-for-profit clients. Although based in Adelaide, I'm available for work throughout Australia by arrangement.
Outplacement & Career Transition programs
My outplacement and career transition programs are tailored to meet the needs of each client, and usually delivered over three to six month periods.
A typical program will incorporate the following:
- Managing yourself, the perceptions of others and understanding the impact of change post-redundancy.
- Reflection and review of career to date. In addition to basic self-assessment exercises, The Birkman Preview questionnaire will be completed and debriefed to assist the individual with an understanding of their motivations and behaviours and how they relate to their next career step.
- Creating a contemporary and customised resume which meets selection criteria and highlights how the individual offers value to a prospective employer.
- Assistance with the development of a LinkedIn profile, and how to use LinkedIn’s database to research potential employers and job opportunities, and build a network.
- Development of job search plan, which includes identifying targets, options and job search strategies, for both the ‘visible’ and ‘hidden’ job markets.
- Interview skills and practice, in preparation for meetings with executive recruitment consultants and potential employers.